As a parent at Queen’s Manor you are automatically enrolled as a member of Friends of Queen’s Manor (FoQM). A registered charity, FoQM’s aims are:
- To organise and run events that are fun and engaging for the children
- To create a strong sense of community and belonging for everyone within the school environment
- To raise money for any additional equipment that adds to the children’s development and learning experience
Table Tennis tables bought with funds raised by FoQM
MacMillan Cake Sale
Cake Sale in the garden in the Summer Term
Trevor the Scarecrow helping out
Annual Pumpkin Carving Competition
Sale of all the vegetables from the School Allotment
Nicole and Dylan helping spruce up the shed one weekend
Local Fire Fighters on their annual visit to our Summer Fair
Debbie bravely volunteering at the Summer Fair
Face Painting one of the many popular stalls
FoQM runs a series of hugely popular events and activities throughout the School Year. They include:
- Garden parties and cake sales
- Easter Egg decorating competition
- Summer Fair
- Movie Night
- Pumpkin Carving Competition
- Bonfire Night Treats
- Second Hand Uniform sales
- Children’s Christmas Cards
- Christmas Disco
In and around the school, FoQM has helped to sort and tidy the Library and Costume Cupboard, overhaul the garden and conservation area including building a Fairy House, and provide flowers for the planters and mulch for the trees.
In 2015 FoQM raised over £4,700.
Here’s how we spent the money:
- On two Table Tennis tables, chess and draughts sets to enhance playtime.
- On ‘Lego Education WeDo’. This enables pupils to construct models and bring their ideas to life. Already, pupils in Year 2, 5 and 6 have used it in Literacy (bringing stories to life), Maths (creating random number sequences that result in movement) and Computing (learning how to programme).
- On House team flags and bibs which the children helped design.
- On Sports kits for children representing the school at events.
- On a Chicken Cam and new feeder
None of this could have been achieved without the help of parents, guardians and carers giving up their time, ideas and inspiration. FoQM is always in need of volunteers to help out. If you are interested in helping out in anyway, or you would just like to be kept up to date with the events we are planning, then please send an email to Emma Kennedy or Elaine Mort at email@example.com.
And please, when shopping online use the www.easyfundraising.org.uk website and sign up to FoQM charity, to raise money for the school at the same time. It’s easy peasy!