Living in the heart of London, children have a choice of potential secondary provision. Some parents choose to apply for independent schools and in the past couple of years we have had two children successfully gain places at Latymer Upper School and one child secured a place at Trinity School.
The vast majority of parents choose to continue in the maintained sector with children attending local schools including:
- Lady Margaret Girls School (CofE)
- Fulham Boys Free School (CofE)
- Fulham Cross Girls School
- West London Free School (mixed)
- Burlington Danes Academy (mixed)
- Sacred Heart Girls School (RC)
- Hurlingham Academy (mixed)
- Fulham College Boys School
- Richmond Park Academy – Richmond (mixed)
- Ashcroft Academy – Wandsworth (mixed)
- Saint John Bosco – Wandsworth (RC)
When you are choosing a secondary placement for your child, please make a particular point of checking the admissions criteria as many have a distance from school criteria and those with a religious character also have additional requirements in terms of religious observance.
Our top tip is that you visit as many schools as possible to have an informed idea of what a school can and cannot offer your child. We recommend that parents begin to research options whilst their children are in Year 5. Parents are then invited to meet with staff at the beginning of Year 6 to discuss options available to them and the school is very happy to support the decision making and application process. We often invite Headteachers from local schools in to Queen’s Manor to answer any questions.